02 March 2012

"Come here in procession and build a chapel"

It was on the 2nd of March 1858, during the thirteenth apparition at the grotto, that Our Lady asked Bernadette to tell the priests to build a chapel and to come in procession. On this same day, Bernadette spoke to Fr Peyramale about the apparitions.

Since then, an estimated 200 million people have visited the grotto.

The Rosary Basilica was completed in 1876.